Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

U Connect module

Old 01-04-2011, 02:00 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default U Connect module

I just got a quote from Jeep for 3 hours labor to install the Uconnect module on a 2011 JK. The radio is alredy set up for it so I thought this was a plug and play. Does 3 hours sound right? Thanks in advance
Old 01-04-2011, 02:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

you have to remove the radio, "plug and play" the module, run the line for the microphone, reinstall everything, then flash the computer. that probably relates to 3 hours in shop time - more like an hour and a half to you and me to do it ourself. you would still have the problem of flashing the computer... I guess they are going to get their money either way. I did the U-connect in my 2008 and like how it works. Only problem is that the battery in my i-phone goes dead on long trips if I don't plug it into a charger. If you do the I-phone cable, it would solve this problem also.
Old 01-04-2011, 02:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by drschem
you have to remove the radio, "plug and play" the module, run the line for the microphone, reinstall everything, then flash the computer. that probably relates to 3 hours in shop time - more like an hour and a half to you and me to do it ourself. you would still have the problem of flashing the computer... I guess they are going to get their money either way. I did the U-connect in my 2008 and like how it works. Only problem is that the battery in my i-phone goes dead on long trips if I don't plug it into a charger. If you do the I-phone cable, it would solve this problem also.
The droid usb to mygig usb is pretty cool.
Old 01-04-2011, 03:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Enzo
The droid usb to mygig usb is pretty cool.
Couple that with wi-fi tethering and I am VERY popular at Jeep functions.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:15 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by drschem
OK, thanks for the help.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:51 AM
JK Newbie

Default U Connect and I Pods/Phones

FYI, I have had the experience with my MyGIG set up that if you do not ask for the I Pod to be linked to your stereo, your chances are that it may not. My 2009 can not accept the I Pod adapter (eventhough they installed it). There are two different models of radios out there, one that will and one that won't accept the I Pod harness. I ordered the mike for the handsfree and it came with the I Pod harness. They installed it anyways and later told me after I inquired why my I Pod doesn't play or charge that it is not compatible.

Quick Reply: U Connect module