Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Two Diff. Versions of MYGIG ?!??!

Old 08-01-2007, 02:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by este
No. CAN-C is never the interior network on any Chrysler vehicle. It is on a couple Mercedes though,

Its possible to combine both formats on the same unit, but its also possible they made them separate. I'm not sure if there are actually two. I can guarantee the circuit boards are identical, just configured differently.

IF are 2 hardware versions of the RER, one for CAN-B as stated, the other is for CAN-IHS. Both of which are interior busses, neither are the same as CAN-C.

IF there is a CAN-B version of the RER it will absolutely not work in an IHS vehicle and vs.

Do as someone else suggested and call the dealer for p/ns.
Im pretty sure the Chrysler Crossfire would use CAN-C as many components are shared with the SLK.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:38 PM
JK Newbie

Yea,

That doesn't count The Crossfire is 100% a Mercedes.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:56 PM
JK Newbie

Default Anyone ever figure this out?

I'm trying to figure out this same question. Are there different versions of Mygigs (Bus speeds?) Anyone have an answer? There are 2007 & 2008 Sebring Mygigs on ebay for around $900.00 and I'd love to know if they will work in our Wranglers!

Quick Reply: Two Diff. Versions of MYGIG ?!??!