Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

turning off lights when unlocking the jk

Old 01-01-2013, 01:21 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just to help with one of the most misunderstood questions. "Headlights off with Unlock."

on my 2010 JK, the dealer could not figure out how to set the "headlights on" delay time to ZERO which is how it is supposed to be done. Even though I tried to walk him through the instructions.

He just finally replied "gee, I don't know how to do that." He did know that newer JKs can do this from the dash. When I got my JK back from the oil change, he had turned off the "flash turn signals" instead... I then put the flash signals back to ON.

Next trip, I will ask specifically for one of the mechanics that I know seems to know the electronics of the JK much better and maybe he will help.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:39 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Freewill
That only turns off the "Flash Lights With Lock" feature. To turn off the "Lights On When Unlock" feature you need the EVIC system or the dealer. The length of time the lights stay on must be set to zero.

At the dealer you need to talk... real.... slow..... and maybe explain it about 6 times until they figure out what you're asking for.
Now that's funny! too bad it's true!

Quick Reply: turning off lights when unlocking the jk