Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Turning fog lights on with lo/hi beams??

Old 12-17-2013, 12:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Using my superchips flashpaq allowed my to run the fog as DRL as well as keep them on when hi-beams are on.
Old 12-17-2013, 12:57 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well looks like I will be working on the running lights relay. I prefer not to do a programmer/chip yet, due to the warranty issues and pricing, not to mention I dont have a clue which one/what to do.
Old 12-17-2013, 02:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yep has to be the side marker. Then if you want to do more you can activate another relay using the 12 volts used to power your fog lights from the factory to turn on a light bar or other accessory type lights. Doing this will allow you to use the factory fog light switch to turn them on.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:26 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Dirt Racer 35
Well looks like I will be working on the running lights relay. I prefer not to do a programmer/chip yet, due to the warranty issues and pricing, not to mention I dont have a clue which one/what to do.
You're worried about the warranty yet you're okay with cutting into the factory wiring? I picked up the Superchips FlashCal from autoanything.com for like $120 shipped. It let me set the fogs as DRL and/or on with high beams on my 2013 JK. I was also able to calibrate for my new 33" tires and I'll be using it to adjust for my new gears once I get around to it. You can easily revert your settings back to stock with one click on this if you need to for state inspection.

Oh yeah, you just plug it into the OBDCII port under the dash when you need to use it.

Quick Reply: Turning fog lights on with lo/hi beams??