Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Turn signals intermittently blinking fast

Old 06-25-2022, 12:49 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turn signals intermittently blinking fast

Hi,

I have a 2009 JK (X Unlimited) that just passed 200,000 miles. We’ve had it for three years and put a solid 30k miles on it in that time. Starting last year, I began getting fast blinking on the right turn signal, which has meant no front right signal. Then a few months later, the left side started acting up as well. They usually are fine for the first minute or two of driving then go fast for the rest of the time, with sometimes a brief reprieve of a few seconds here and there.

Multiple mechanics took a brief look at things and didn’t find any obvious issues. I hunted for a bad ground but didn’t find anything, and there seems to be a good ground connection between the bulb socket and the hood.

I have noticed that the male plugs for both lightbulbs have burn marks on them, one of them with melted plastic.

I recently put LED headlights in replacement of the OEM, but the fast blinking long predates that switch.

This unfortunately seems to have reached the extent of my car electrical knowledge. Would anyone have any idea what could be causing this? It makes busy intersections a bit sketchy…

Thanks!
Old 10-03-2022, 07:35 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an 07 Sahara with the same issue. I pulled my airbox so I could access the ground wire connection. I cleaned the connection, but I did not remove/replace the connector. I still get fast turn signals intermittently.

Quick Reply: Turn signals intermittently blinking fast