Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Turn Signal Question

Old 10-25-2012, 07:33 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turn Signal Question

I looked for something on the forum but couldnt find anything about it. Has anyone done it or would it be possible to make the front turn signals and side fender lights only light up when the turn signal/flashers are on not on all the time? I want to make it so that only the head lamps and fog lights are on with the lights are turned on. I know there is a write up to make the side fender light blink with the turn signal, but that is the only time I want them to work. I dont even know if that is legal or not. Im looking to add these.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Blacked out Signals.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	382218
Thanks for the help.

Last edited by acizek4; 10-25-2012 at 07:36 AM.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

I haven't do it in my JK but in my previous Altima i took out the bulb and cut the little wires in the end.. make sure you cut the right ones. i tried it first with a spare that i had. the good thing is that you buy new bulbs and is back to stock.
Click image for larger version

Name:	LMP014.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	382223
Hope it works for you.. i have no idea what can be done to the side marker since its a single filament.
Old 10-25-2012, 12:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm sure it can probably be done but you won't be legal and most likely will not pass inspection if your marker lamps aren't on all the time. Just something to keep in mind just in case you don't have a brother-in-law like mine that's a mechanic and overlooks the 'little things' per say.
Old 10-25-2012, 12:40 PM
JK Newbie

guess if i could figure out which wire is the light and which is the blinker, if theyre different, then I could put a male/female connector on it. So that way I can have them hooked up for inspections and off when I want them. Will have to look into this. Thanks

Quick Reply: Turn Signal Question