Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Turn signal goes off when lights are on

Old 10-04-2022, 07:13 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turn signal goes off when lights are on

Hey folks, newbie Jeep owner here (sorry).
My left turn signal lamp failure warning came up today. Changed the lamp, but it still wouldn’t work. Swapped it for the right side lamp which was working fine, still wouldn't work. Then I noticed the DRL was out on the same side.
Turned the lights off and the turn signal started blinking.
Turned the lights back on, DRL went out and the turn signal stopped working again. Anyone got a fix for this please? Thanks

Georgetown, Ontario.
Old 10-05-2022, 07:54 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone?

I’ve seen similar questions here but not an identical fault. Most are related to aftermarket LEDs, which I don’t have - it’s stock.
Old 10-06-2022, 10:19 AM
JK Freak

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

My rears work all the time. My front turn signals work with the lights off but not with the lights on. I have an aftermarket front bumper that also has turn signal lamps in it so I think it might be related to that wiring. Haven't figured it out yet either. My turn signal and headlight lamps are stock, 2012 JKUR.
The following users liked this post:
WelshJKU (10-06-2022)

Quick Reply: Turn signal goes off when lights are on