Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

tuffy flip-n-lock stereo cover & tray

Old 08-13-2008, 01:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it looks great and I know the quality is great. I will be ordering one.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:21 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Send me one! I will photo the hell out of it!!! lol. I think it is a great solution to a problem that has been pissing me off for years. I get a nice stereo and someone takes it from me. I figure that it has to be about time for me to walk up on the guy doing it, lose my temper, and turn his head into a canoe via the Glock. Maybe a product like this can avoid all that from going down?
Old 08-13-2008, 02:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

I really like this. It will keep a lot of thieves from even trying to steal my avic. And if some dumb shit really tries, that's what I have insurance for. But in my area thieves look for quick easy steals, this makes it look hard and will stop most people.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Weather Proofing?

Tuffy,

What kind of protection from rain (top down) would this provide? Anything more or less then the factory cover?
Old 08-14-2008, 06:32 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by cgrace12
Tuffy,

What kind of protection from rain (top down) would this provide? Anything more or less then the factory cover?

The cover would provide some protection from rain as it fits pretty tight and has door guard that meets up with the contact points on the dash to form a tighter fit. It is by no means "waterproof" and there are some areas that if exposed to a hard, direct stream of water (i.e. sprayed directly with a hose) would allow water to pass through. My feeling is that it definitely offers better protection against a rain storm. If it is really coming down, I would probably put something over the tray area so water couldn't pool inside the tray and leak down through.
Old 09-11-2008, 03:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

I bought and installed the cover and I found that I went from 7 satellites to 0 or 1 at most. Can someone who has installed this verify that they are not running on the gyro sensor and you are actually getting satellites. I am sure you know how to do this but go to nav (hard button) menu (hard button) Nav setup (soft key) GPS information (soft key) and tell me what you see. I appreciate it thanks

Dan
Old 10-08-2008, 11:15 AM
JK Newbie

I'd also like to know about the satellites. I've got an AVIC and I'm wondering how well it will work after I install this.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

On my avic there is an antenna that goes somewhere other than the head unit (mine is hidden near the A pillar). So I have no problems with it at all.
Old 11-15-2008, 11:11 AM
JK Newbie

Default Fits the Avic Z3?

So this fits the Avic Z3 well???
Old 11-15-2008, 08:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm not sure about the Z3, I have a D3

Quick Reply: tuffy flip-n-lock stereo cover & tray