Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Trying to add switched circuit via TIPM

Old 06-10-2016, 01:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying to add switched circuit via TIPM

I recently ordered a dashcam for my 2012 Sport. It comes with connections for 12v hot, 12v switched, and ground. Hot I can figure out...I've also got an aux fuse box I'm going to install. But for the switched power...this TIPM is really inconvenient. I've identified fuses for options that I don't have (for example M5 - power inverter). It actually has the 25A fuse in that slot, but after attacking it with the multimeter it doesn't seem to ever get power. Does the TIPM disable the unused circuits, or is there no actual connection to it, or what? What's the workaround for this? I'm having a hard time finding a reasonable solution, but someone has to have figured this out by now.
Old 06-10-2016, 01:44 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

This should help...

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-e...source-191552/

I know the M7 fuse does not have an output feed from the TIPM if you don't have the rear sub. I don't know if that is true for all the circuits that weren't installed.
Old 06-10-2016, 03:18 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 14Sport
This should help...

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-e...source-191552/

I know the M7 fuse does not have an output feed from the TIPM if you don't have the rear sub. I don't know if that is true for all the circuits that weren't installed.

That's the center console outlet fuse, right? I actually use that. That's why I was checking others.

Edit: Wait, that's the OTHER rear outlet. Console outlet is M36? Hell. I've been ignoring M7 because I thought it was the console outlet.
Old 06-10-2016, 03:58 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Godholio
That's the center console outlet fuse, right? I actually use that. That's why I was checking others.

Edit: Wait, that's the OTHER rear outlet. Console outlet is M36? Hell. I've been ignoring M7 because I thought it was the console outlet.
No it's the one next to the sub if equipped. You will only have it if you have the factory sub. Otherwise, it's fair game.

Quick Reply: Trying to add switched circuit via TIPM