Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Truck-lite high Beam problem

Old 06-05-2013, 07:05 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck-lite high Beam problem

When turning on the high-beams, only one side stays on?! Can this be fixed the TLG capacitor/harness? Or is the lamp faulty?
Old 06-05-2013, 11:32 AM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Sounds like a bad light.... Mine didn't do that and if they did I'd be emailing trucklite.... I'm sure they will warrenty it for u
Old 06-05-2013, 12:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

What do you mean by one side stays on, half the light or one side of the jeep? How are they wired? Direct plug in or hard wired? Low beam is only the top half the light lit and high beam the whole light is lit. I have a set in my 2012 and we use the 24v in our national guard trucks. When the light goes bad it usually burns out the circuit board and half the led's don't work.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 06-05-2013, 12:07 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

first easy thing to try is switch sides ie put driver's side light on passenger side etc.
Old 06-05-2013, 01:30 PM
JK Jedi

It sounds like he means the drivers side will light and pass won't....... I think. My low beams stay lit with my highs on so there would be no reason for his ONE low to turn off when turning on the high beams.
Old 06-05-2013, 01:48 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Jersey_Devil
It sounds like he means the drivers side will light and pass won't....... I think. My low beams stay lit with my highs on so there would be no reason for his ONE low to turn off when turning on the high beams.
This is correct. Hi beams on = only driver side is on, passenger side is completely off.
Old 06-05-2013, 05:05 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by awesomo

This is correct. Hi beams on = only driver side is on, passenger side is completely off.
Did you check the left high beam fuse?

Sent from the fast lane while driving one handed.
Old 06-05-2013, 06:12 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by awesomo
Call or email trucklite or whoever u purchased them from for warrenty.....
Old 06-06-2013, 05:53 AM
JK Freak

I turned on my high beams last night, and they came on just fine! (Go figure) But after a few seconds, it flickered and then went completely off (top and bottom). After a few seconds, it came back on. I'm assuming this is related to the problem with inconsistent electricity flow which also causes the flicker. I purchased the TLG gen3 anti-flicker harness which many claim to fix this issue.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:01 AM
JK Freak

Default TLG Anti-Flicker Harness

I ordered the TLG anit-flicker harness, Gen3, and it fixed my flicker and high-beam problem.

But buyer beware! The harness adapters are very poorly made. The H4 side was almost impossible to plug into the LED headlamp. In the process it broke the female plug (harness side) into pieces. It felt like it was made from cheap plastic. Secondly, the H13 male plug would not securely fit into the Jeeps female plug. It would go in, but would not a lock in place. I had to use the H4/H13 wiring adapter that came with the Truck-Lites and re-wire the anti-flicker harness to replace the H13 plug. This thing was $80+ (including shipping), and in my honest opinion, is too much to pay for something you have to modify to work!

Quick Reply: Truck-lite high Beam problem