Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

truck lite everything needed?

Old 01-19-2013, 01:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mopar2Ya

There are already complaints about the TLG dongle on another forum, poor quality & still flicker on HB. Here is the fix:
Susquehanna MotorSports - Auto Performance Product
Interesting. My TLG harness has worked fine and has eliminate all flicker on both low and high beams.
Old 01-19-2013, 02:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

The new Tlg harness is brand new and just shipping. Can you pm the website as I would like to read about it
Old 01-19-2013, 02:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AnthemAVM
The new Tlg harness is brand new and just shipping. Can you pm the website as I would like to read about it
I'm not sure I'm aloud to type the forum name here, it's the name of your Jeep not the body code. The guy who bought the TLG dongle tested the voltage after the dongle & there is a drop, which is exactly what I figured would happen.
Old 01-19-2013, 02:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mopar2Ya

I'm not sure I'm aloud to type the forum name here, it's the name of your Jeep not the body code. The guy who bought the TLG dongle tested the voltage after the dongle & there is a drop, which is exactly what I figured would happen.
Was the test in the last week on a generation 2 harness
Old 01-19-2013, 03:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AnthemAVM
Was the test in the last week on a generation 2 harness
Yes, & from what I take of it there are the 2nd gens.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:52 PM
JK Newbie

ok, got the lights hooked up. They are GREAT! TRUCK LITES REALLY DID A GREAT JOB. Only had trouble with one pig tail. spent about 20 min putting the first pig tail to the light. just didn't seem to want to get to gather, but the other was trouble free.

Dually D2 fog lights. 2 or 3X brighter then the HEAD LIGHTS! Really impressed with quality of light it self. all thick solid metal. very high quality. can't say enough about that. North ridge have very good fog light adapters. solid mounts very good. they come with there own wiring... .......

only trouble was, i wanted these fog lights to work with all factory controls, you know as a upgrade for the factory fogs. they were designed to have their own switch, and not be. called north ridge they said just cut and spilce the plugs. It worked... mostly. They flicker just a little at low RPM's (truck lite headlights too). Also they Fog lights WITH EVERYTHING TURNED FULLY OFF. strobe for about 10 times over 20 seconds until off. they didn't strobe (blink what every you call it) bright enough to show up on anything in front of me, only if you look directly at them you will notice it.

Northridge said they had never heard of any flicker, and assured me that they highly doubt of any flicker at all... well i got a little, wife noticed it first thing at stop lights. i didn't really notice all too much.

Over all i am very happy. Great lights.

Now if any body has any idea how i can make them turn on with my brights! i will be one happy clam.

Quick Reply: truck lite everything needed?