Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Trailer break Controler

Old 05-01-2008, 05:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Trailer break Controler

Has someone instaled a trailer break controler and if you did where did you put it. I am installing a seven pin plug from the stealer ship and would like to know where to install the controler. Thanks for the help
Old 05-02-2008, 06:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

let's just say that the options are very limited if your controller can only be set within a specific range of angles as some do. i have a reese controller and it allows for being mounted at any angle under the sun. that being said i mounted mine to the right of the steering wheel kind of high between the steering column and the center console that way it is easily reachable and i'm not knocking my shins on it since i am tall. i will try to get some pics and post them later.
Old 05-02-2008, 07:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ditto.

Get one that can be mounted at any angle. Mine is mounted right below the steering wheel, in between my knees. At first I thought I'd knock it with my knees all the time, but haven't hit it once.

I got the Tekonsha Prodigy. Very happy with it.

Good luck.
Old 05-02-2008, 05:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the replys. And pic. would be nice.

Quick Reply: Trailer break Controler