Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Tipm/computer/procal q's

Old 09-05-2013, 04:08 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tipm/computer/procal q's

OK all you JK experts I have a question. Yesterday I had a new TIPM installed on my 08 JK. I have been using the procal for my tires etc and never cleared it before bringing it to the dealer to have the TIPM switched. The service guy told me the check engine light was on due to the procal so he erased that from the memory. Once I got home I hooked the procal up for my tire size and gear ratio. Now my speedo will not work. So here is my question, does the procal lock to the computer or the TIPM as well as the VIN? Do I need a new procal?

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by 4WHLN; 09-05-2013 at 04:17 AM.
Old 09-05-2013, 04:24 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts

Do you still have the ProCal instruction book? It has a paragraph in the tire size section that addresses this issue.

Regarding your question about having the TIPM changed, call the ProCal people. They will be your best bet.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:12 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes I have the booklet it came with, but for some reason its not working. I was in a hurry last night when I did it. Im sure its something im over looking.

Quick Reply: Tipm/computer/procal q's