Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Thoughts and Suggestions on Rock Light LED kits?

Old 06-03-2016, 09:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thoughts and Suggestions on Rock Light LED kits?

Wanted suggestions on the Rock Light LED kits for the Jeeps. Not sure when I would be out wheeling late, but is something like that worth it? Looks to be an easy install. Suggestions on brands if worth it? Thanks
Old 06-03-2016, 11:12 AM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

There's alot of stuff out there to choose from. I went with these 10 Pod 60 LED 4x4 Off Road Vehicle Rock Fender Light Kit For Jeep
They use double sided tape and mount to a small aluminum bracket that you can bend by hand. Not crazy bright but plenty bright to see under you. Never had one fall off unless a rock tore it off. Just put on new tape and they're good to go. They make a white light, not so much like the pictures on their website.
Old 06-05-2016, 03:38 PM
Former Vendor

I sell the Rigid Industries Rock Lights.

LED Rock Lights - 4x4TruckLEDs.com

Expensive but they are from Rigid, a brand you can trust.

I don't personally have them installed but they give you 1600 of lumens, which is a lot for some rock lights.
Old 06-07-2016, 03:36 PM
JK Freak

Look at LUX Rock Lights. They attach via Neodymium Magnet (rare earth magnet) and have several different configurations. If you are worried about the strength of a Neodymium Magnet, don't they are going to be stronger than 2 sided.
Old 06-08-2016, 10:02 PM
JK Freak

It really depends on your use. I've heard great things about the Rigid and Lux lights, but it can be hard to justify the expense if you're not planning on using them a lot.

I run some GenSSi lights I picked up on eBay. They won't win any awards, but they're plenty bright for the occasional use, and 12 of them cost me less than $50.

Here's the install and a video of the finished product: https://smokeythejeep.wordpress.com/...i-rock-lights/

Sent via Jeep wave from my NSA-approved domestic-espionage device.

Quick Reply: Thoughts and Suggestions on Rock Light LED kits?