Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Thinking about pulling the plug on a new stereo

Old 04-06-2012, 08:16 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking about pulling the plug on a new stereo

I am thinking of adding a Kenwood DNX9980HD with B/U cam and SWC I have 2 of these in my other vehicles and LOVE them. I have a Phoenix Gold xenon 100.4 amp for the mids/tweets and a Phoenix Gold XS 4600 for the sub. I am looking at the JL Stealthbox for the JKU. Anyone have any good suggestions for the speaker upgrades? I will be ordering the H/U and speakers in the next week or so.
Old 04-06-2012, 03:32 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by APEX320
I am thinking of adding a Kenwood DNX9980HD with B/U cam and SWC I have 2 of these in my other vehicles and LOVE them. I have a Phoenix Gold xenon 100.4 amp for the mids/tweets and a Phoenix Gold XS 4600 for the sub. I am looking at the JL Stealthbox for the JKU. Anyone have any good suggestions for the speaker upgrades? I will be ordering the H/U and speakers in the next week or so.
there are a lot of people who have polk and kicker, some put in marine versions of polk and other brands that offer marine versions...

i myself currently have kicker components up front with JL Audio tweeters and kicker coaxials in the rear

i'm running the factory h/u and i'm getting ready to install my JL Audio 4 channel amp

the sound was satisfactory without the amp but with the factory h/u when you take off your hardtop it cuts back the signal to the soundbar speakers to the point that they sound far worse than even the factory speakers!

matthew

Quick Reply: Thinking about pulling the plug on a new stereo