Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Thinking about Buying HIDs from the website.

Old 12-29-2010, 07:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking about Buying HIDs from the website.

Anyone bought any HIDs from this company. Seems a lot cheaper than anywhere else. Am I missing anything in their kit?
http://www.hidgeeks.com/H13-XENON-HID-KIT/H13-HID-Conversion-Kit-p37.html

Last edited by Moochie; 12-29-2010 at 07:50 AM. Reason: Please, no clickable links to non sponsors
Old 01-02-2011, 06:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just buy them from ddmtuning.com. I have there 55watt h13 kit hi/lo kit. It came with a harness to wire to battery and avoids any flickering issues people have had. Installs in about an hour. Since I got mine I've also put them in a Lexus rx300 and a Nissan sentra. All of them were plug n play with no issues. I suggest there 55 watt kit in either 5000k or 6000k.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:15 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Riptide
I ordered mine from there as well (still waiting for shipping - but then I just ordered them and I'm in the stix up north here).
It's like we live in a 3rd world country....ain't it? Drives me nuts...
Old 01-02-2011, 12:44 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Riptide
I hear you. But then just to screw with us, something will actually arrive fairly quickly and cost us next to nothing in shipping.
Oh yeah.....they all can do it if they want. It's just because of these "deals" that they've worked out with the shipping companies. I've gone as far as to tell a lot of these guys that offer free shipping that, I understand that you can't give me free shipping, but you sure can discount the price of the item to make up a little for me having to pay full price for shipping. Many will and many won't. If not then I tell them well I guess you're not interested in getting business from AK.....and I'll be sure and tell all my friends....
Old 01-05-2011, 05:15 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Alien10
I ordered mine from DDM as well. Got the 35 watt hi/low set up for the headlights - came with the same wire harness garrett490 described. Also got a set for the fogs. Both are the 5k. Haven't gotten around to installing them yet, waiting until my RR front bumper gets here.
I to have the kit from DDM 8K 35W. I recently recieved a stock set of fogs and bulbs but my Jeep came with no wiring harness.

1st - W/O buying mopar's kit are there any others on the market someone could suggest?

2nd - Can I use the the same kit for with an aftermarket wiring harness?

Thanks

Quick Reply: Thinking about Buying HIDs from the website.