Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Is there such thing?

Old 06-03-2014, 08:09 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there such thing?

As an LED that allows you to change colors from say, standard white, to amber, to blue? And also from a flood light to a spot light? Wishful thinking I'm sure.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I havent seen anything as far as a vehicle light this way.. other than perhaps a Police / fire / municpality Beacon..

however there are RGB LED chipsets sold that are 1 watt per channel or a total of 3 watts per chip..

you could likely build something up with these for the color changing piece.. a simple arduino board could be built as the controller to set the color mixing.. you would have to handle the build of the light itself, fit into a housing, and heat-sink it..

to go from spot to a flood is about physical optics.. so its about the lensing that goes onto the fixture.. while its possible to build an electrically driven head that changes the beam focus, its not likely easy unless you can adapt a mechanism from a security camera.. (or use that design concept)

-Christopher
Old 06-05-2014, 10:16 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are LEDs that do that. All depends on what application. And, the ones I have seen are 110v for home theater set ups.
Old 06-05-2014, 10:34 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

someone makes a lightbar with one row amber one row white but i'm not sure who it is. It was a smalller company.
Old 06-05-2014, 06:47 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by etl330
someone makes a lightbar with one row amber one row white but i'm not sure who it is. It was a smalller company.
Awesome, if you happen to remember definitely let me know

Quick Reply: Is there such thing?