Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Thanks Daniel Stern

Old 03-18-2009, 05:20 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Better Lights

Excellent upgrade and looks like great results. How do I get the phone number for Daniel Stern?? I tried a couple of times last month and have been trying this week since Monday. Anyone that can help with this info as I would really like to order this setup ASAP?? Thanks in advance.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Desert Goat
Excellent upgrade and looks like great results. How do I get the phone number for Daniel Stern?? I tried a couple of times last month and have been trying this week since Monday. Anyone that can help with this info as I would really like to order this setup ASAP?? Thanks in advance.
Its a hit and miss with Mr.Stern I just e-mail him and he 99% of the time replies right back as with just leaving him a voice message when I have called.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:28 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Atl JK
Yeah, I think I'll go with the 70-65 for longer bulb life.

Where in GA do you live?
Right about halfway between Gray and Gordon.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:17 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mmcan
The only thing I would do differently is to adjust the beams prior to replacing the grill. So while this shows the grill re-installed, I will take it off tonight to adjust the lights.
If you look closely at your headlights with the grill on, you will see the adjustment screw and a small notch in the grill so you don't actually have to take it off to adjust them.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by xerofall
If you look closely at your headlights with the grill on, you will see the adjustment screw and a small notch in the grill so you don't actually have to take it off to adjust them.
I know it's there, but my torx wasn't long/thin enough to get in there and allow me to adjust the lights. It took about 4 minutes to take off the grill, and 2 to put it back on.

But if you can adjust the lights without removing the grill, by all means, do whatever is easiest for you.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:40 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mmcan
I know it's there, but my torx wasn't long/thin enough to get in there and allow me to adjust the lights. It took about 4 minutes to take off the grill, and 2 to put it back on.

But if you can adjust the lights without removing the grill, by all means, do whatever is easiest for you.
Same here!

I tried to put the torx driver in that tiny tiny sliver of a nubbin of a hole and gored my paint on the plastic grill!

Now I take the grill off every time-simple as pie!
Old 07-10-2009, 10:20 PM
JK Freak

Dude! Thanks for the great write up complete with pictures!!
Old 08-21-2009, 05:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Reviving this older thread to add that I installed my Cibies with 80/85 Osram and wiring harness from Daniel Stern last night. The difference in light output from stock is absolutely amazing.

I live in the mountains where there are (thankfully) no street lights and it can be very dark. The stock headlights really stunk, with the Cibies the low beams are very bright and have a nice wide pattern which lights up the sides of the road. The high beams look like I have a set of aftermarket driving lights on, they really put a lot of light down the road.

Thanks to everyone on this forum who posted about these lights, best upgrade to date
Old 08-21-2009, 06:19 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I really need to do this! So you went with Stern's harness? Is it plug and play yet or do you still need to get other stuff for it? what's the cost now?
Old 08-21-2009, 07:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by adamisadam
I really need to do this! So you went with Stern's harness? Is it plug and play yet or do you still need to get other stuff for it? what's the cost now?
It's all plug and play, very easy install. Price is about $320 for everything.

Quick Reply: Thanks Daniel Stern