Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Thanks Daniel Stern

Old 03-17-2009, 07:01 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Atl JK
Thanks for the write up. How are the high beams? My OEM high beams are basically useless.
I don't believe this statement. I used to, but after properly aiming my OEM headlights (they werent aimed right from the factory, and lifting only made things worse) I firmly believe they are more than adequate.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:31 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JackMac4
I don't believe this statement. I used to, but after properly aiming my OEM headlights (they werent aimed right from the factory, and lifting only made things worse) I firmly believe they are more than adequate.
I've also seen where some had their OEM headlights installed upside down from the factory?!?!?!?! That couldn't help a thing. The biggest thing I am disappointed in is the lack of a horizontal adjustment with the headlights.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:40 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by SpudRacer
I also agree that tinting the windshield is just crazy. You can talk and justify it all you want, but tinting your windshield is illegal in every state I've ever lived in.

Tom
Bryson City, NC
You must notta ever lived in Georgia. You can legally tint the first 6" of the windshield with ANY percentage you want as long as it's non reflective. There are states that allow full windshield tinting but follow strict guidelines as to what percentage. Google it.
Old 03-17-2009, 03:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My OEM high beams are basically useless.
I agree 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Cibies are way better,even with stock wattage bulbs.The stock jeep lights are the worst lights I have ever seen or used

The high beams on the cibies are the only down point about them(with stock wattage bulbs that is)its more of a spot beam so no real side coverage,thats why I got windshield lights

I am sure with brighter bulbs(I am using 55-60w bulbs at the moment and my wire harnesses from the crap deltas I bought) and the better wireing harness Stern sells will make the high beams alot better!

Last edited by swanni06; 03-17-2009 at 03:17 PM.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JackMac4
I tried adjusting them. They're seriously awful. If you have them adjusted properly, they still shoot way off in the distance. If you lower them so that you can see halfway decent then they too low and you can't see shit with the low beams on.

Its got to be the terrible stock reflectors.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by swanni06
I agree 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Cibies are way better,even with stock wattage bulbs.The stock jeep lights are the worst lights I have ever seen or used

The high beams on the cibies are the only down point about them(with stock wattage bulbs that is)its more of a spot beam so no real side coverage,thats why I got windshield lights

I am sure with brighter bulbs(I am using 55-60w bulbs at the moment and my wire harnesses from the crap deltas I bought) and the better wireing harness Stern sells will make the high beams alot better!
Thats it, I'm gonna have to order this set up!
Old 03-17-2009, 07:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

You won`t be disapointed I promise.Get the e-code lamps,the plug-and-play harness and the 75-80w(?) bulbs..you will be more than happy and wondering what took you so long to buy them
Old 03-17-2009, 07:34 PM
JK Jedi

I have the lower wattage (70-65 I think) bulbs and am slap happy. Stern says they last much longer than the higher wattage and are almost as bright. You need to remember, it's not the bulbs, it's the lamps that make the difference. They focus light so much better than stock it's pathetic. Get the brighter bulbs if you want....just know you'll be replacing them about once a year or so.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:38 PM
JK Newbie

I tried the Delta Quad bars- they were brighter, but worse than stock with the side illumination. So they were effectively unsafe. On curvy roads the light pointed ahead but where the road curved [where I was going to be] was basically dark. Fortunately, I got my money back within the 30 day return policy of Quadratec.

When I was waiting for the Cibies I put the stockers back in. Even though they were still not quite adequate, they had better side lighting.

Now I have my Cibies in and the Susquehanna harness. MUCH BETTER!! I can usually stay on low beam and as long as the road’s incline is level I don’t really have to turn on the high beams.

I got flashed once so far, and that was when I was heading uphill at a slight angle. The low beams are still really bright, but the sharp cut off line will prevent blinding oncoming cars as long as you’re level. And if, of course, you’ve adjusted the lamps correctly.

I am very pleased with this upgrade! Like others have said, if you drive any appreciable time in the dark, this is probably one of the first mods you should do!

It’s true…
Old 03-18-2009, 04:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
I have the lower wattage (70-65 I think) bulbs and am slap happy. Stern says they last much longer than the higher wattage and are almost as bright. You need to remember, it's not the bulbs, it's the lamps that make the difference. They focus light so much better than stock it's pathetic. Get the brighter bulbs if you want....just know you'll be replacing them about once a year or so.
Yeah, I think I'll go with the 70-65 for longer bulb life.

Where in GA do you live?

Quick Reply: Thanks Daniel Stern