Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

tail lights and dome lights going crazy

Old 12-01-2012, 12:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well a week ago when I was driving around I noticed every time I would touch my brakes my seatbelt light would come on and it was getting very annoying but soon stopped now fast forward to a few days ago, I walked out to my 2011 jku and pressed the unlock button on my keypad and my dome lights flashed with my headlights. I thought to myself thats odd so I jumped in and turned on my headlights and my dome lights stayed on but dimed, then I pressed my brakes and the thrid brake light would strobe and the other 2 would just go out. After reseting the cpu and checking all the relays I finally took it to a trusted local shop just to dumb found him as well. He was able to narrow it down to it being a faulty wire and nothing major like the cpu or a controller but suggested me taking it to the dealer since its still under warrenty. Luckily he didnt charge me any but I wasnt satisfied with the dealer option since I had alot of aftermarket things done so I striped the interior of the jeep and found the ground wire under the driver seat to be slightly loose. A quick turn with a 10mm and everything was back to normal lol. Just thought I'd share this with yall so if anyone runs into this problem yall might stumble across this thread and save yall some time and money

Last edited by EsByrd; 12-01-2012 at 04:08 AM.

Quick Reply: tail lights and dome lights going crazy