Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Tail light issues on my TJ

Old 07-17-2015, 08:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tail light issues on my TJ

having a tail light issue, need some direction.

Issue is with the right tail light, left works fine.

without having the headlight on, brake lights work fine, left turn signal works fine, the right one has the "quick blink" that would indicate a bad bulb, but all three lights, front, side maker and rear are blinking, just quicker than the norm.

When the headlights are on, the right tail light is significantly brighter than the left, and we the brake is pushed, the left and center brake light comes on, but the right one does not change, it appears to be in a constant state of brake light. When the headlights are on, it still does the quick blinker.

I have done all the troubleshooting that I can think of, even removing the left tail light in its entirety and connecting it to the wiring harness on the right, without a change.

Any Ideas of how/where to further trouble shoot this?
Thanks.

Quick Reply: Tail light issues on my TJ