Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Tail light harness mystery 5th wire.

Old 07-05-2015, 01:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tail light harness mystery 5th wire.

JK tail light harness wire diagram. My google skills aren't helping me find this. Does anyone know? There's 5 wires on the tub side going into the plug; there's 4 wires on the lamp side coming out of the other plug; the extra wire is red/white stripe. I'm hungover and I cut the wires at the wrong plug so now I'm forced to wire new light kit without the harness, so I need to know what to do with this fifth red/white wire. Black is ground. Green stripe is reverse. Purple stripe is running lamps. Yellow stripe is blinker/brake. Red stripe is unknown. Can I just seal it off? Thanks for any help!
Old 07-05-2015, 02:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So the wires on the tub side are different color than the tail light side. So the wire in question is actually a Yellow stripe.

Quick Reply: Tail light harness mystery 5th wire.