Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Switching half doors to full size hard electric doors and windows.

Old 10-10-2011, 11:40 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Switching half doors to full size hard electric doors and windows.

Used this site a ton and you guys have always been a great help. But, can't find a thread to solve this issue. I have a 2007 Jeep Sahara 2dr that came with half doors from the factory. I recently came across a set of full size hard doors with electric windows and locks from a 2008 JK. They were dirt cheap and in perfect condition so I snatched them up. Here is the problem my half doors are only a 2 prong plug-in for the chime and interior light on the door disconnects. The new doors are a 10 prong disconnect since they have the power equipment.

I know I have to place a new 2 switch gang unit in the center bezel to run the power windows and replace the bezel with an electric window style cut out. I figured being Jeep that would use one style of wiring harness and just be a simple plug and play design and maybe just flash the computer to get it to read but no such luck. I found that out after taking the dash apart.

Does anyone know how I can power and hook up the doors so they will work? The dealer wanted to sale me a complete rewiring harness for $1600 that is freaking crazy. They said that jeep doesn't build just the interior 10 prong disconnect for 07 and 08 only on the 2010-11. Do I need to find a wrecked jk with power doors locks and windows and splice it in some how?
Old 10-13-2011, 09:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Put it on a seperate power source and be done with it.
Old 10-15-2011, 01:41 PM
JK Newbie

Working through your problem right now. The factory doesn't wire the doors as plug and play options with those of us with the half doors. Here's a list of what I have done so far:

It came down to two choices, stay with the factory look/feel/use or go aftermarket.

The Aftermarket option includes A1Electric's power options. Roughly $400-500 bucks to get your windows up and running. Power door locks would be inop, as well as keyless entry, however, no over-priced wiring to order.

The Factory option is quite a bit more involved. I am about $800 into the wiring harnesses, but I think I have everything covered. Here's what I have ordered thus far (mind you these are for an Unlimited, PM me for a graphical parts breakdown PDF):

5KU02XDVAA - Replacement Center Bezel
4602756AB - 5 Gang switch
56051700AH - Body Wiring Harness (full replacement)(from the computer to the doors)
56051567AG - Instrument Panel Wiring Harness (to plug into the switch and everything else in the dash, then to the computer)
Optional: 82210215AG - Hard Top Wiring Kit

I have found a good source for these parts online: Berry DCJ, ask for Angel.

Hope this helps. I chose the more difficult path for sure (and definitely more expensive). I feel that this is right way for me to proceed, as I have the time and money and want the job to resemble factory specs. BTW, you'll have to take it to the dealer and get the computer flashed now that you have added this option group to the Jeep.

Try this link: Power Install
V/R,

Crewrest

Last edited by Crewrest01; 10-16-2011 at 06:19 PM.
Old 10-15-2011, 04:24 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 81ster
Put it on a seperate power source and be done with it.
thats what i did.. easiest and cheapest way to go used the output from a viper alarm for the lock unlock...and bought a swtich kit for around 100 bucks ,power from the battery for the up and down power windows... worked perfect... a lot cheaper than going with oem parts and works the same.

Last edited by blockrockin; 10-15-2011 at 04:34 PM.

Quick Reply: Switching half doors to full size hard electric doors and windows.