Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Switches for lighting

Old 12-04-2014, 06:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2407592731.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	586678

Here is another homemade dbox/spod option
Old 12-04-2014, 06:29 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by sjk9671
This is the look I want to go for as well. What do the back of the switches look like? Do you need any other parts to wire them up?
I can't find the wiring diagram that came with the switches so I pulled this from OTRATTW's website. I'm pretty sure this is the right one for the dual led lit switches I have. I don't have any pics of the back of just the switch but I attached a shot after I installed them and hooked up my homemade wiring harness. I chose amber for the independent led and green for the dependent. I hooked it up to test them by them chickened out about tapping into the dash lights so I am currently running them as single led switches. With the harness I have made all I have to do to have the amber light come in with the dash cluster is tap the wire I have coming from the harness I to my dash lights. I'll probably work up the courage eventually but I fear for my warranty. Hope his helps
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3728838260.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	586814   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2249130706.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	586815   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-599277760.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	586816   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3708102280.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	586818  
Old 12-04-2014, 10:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-e...-panel-312602/

Few more ideas here. I have an sPod and 5 anti-vandal switches on my center console (see post #8)
Old 12-05-2014, 03:55 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JK_Jim
I can't find the wiring diagram that came with the switches so I pulled this from OTRATTW's website. I'm pretty sure this is the right one for the dual led lit switches I have. I don't have any pics of the back of just the switch but I attached a shot after I installed them and hooked up my homemade wiring harness. I chose amber for the independent led and green for the dependent. I hooked it up to test them by them chickened out about tapping into the dash lights so I am currently running them as single led switches. With the harness I have made all I have to do to have the amber light come in with the dash cluster is tap the wire I have coming from the harness I to my dash lights. I'll probably work up the courage eventually but I fear for my warranty. Hope his helps
I have done the exact same thing. With my homemade harness I have the wires ready to hook to the dash light factory wires, but can't get the courage to tie into it. Maybe once the jeep is a few years older ill do it.
Old 12-05-2014, 07:47 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JK_Jim
This is exactly what I was looking for thanks!!!

Quick Reply: Switches for lighting