Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Switches for lighting

Old 11-24-2014, 02:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
If you want a factory look, check out the OTRATTW.com Contura switches. If you like them, you might consider options that use those switches. sPOD does, but so do others, including at least one A-pillar switch pod I've seen. You can wire the dual-lit switches into the dash dimmer circuit. I'd post a pic I have on my phone, but Android Lollipop has killed the usability of the photo gallery. :-(
Anyone know if the switches will fit in the Rugged Ridge A-pillar set-up?
Old 11-24-2014, 09:46 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by WHT_JKUR
Anyone know if the switches will fit in the Rugged Ridge A-pillar set-up?
With some minor trimming yes they'll fit
Old 11-28-2014, 07:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got the OTRATTW switches on a Rugged Ridge a-pillar mount on my 2014. Love the look. I had to sand the edges of the covers to make them for the blanks of the RR panel but it's well worth the effort.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3251700352.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	585978  
Old 11-28-2014, 07:15 PM
JK Newbie

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1566285465.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	585979

Clean, cheap, easy
Old 12-02-2014, 12:05 PM
JK Newbie

This is the look I want to go for as well. What do the back of the switches look like? Do you need any other parts to wire them up?

Originally Posted by JK_Jim
I've got the OTRATTW switches on a Rugged Ridge a-pillar mount on my 2014. Love the look. I had to sand the edges of the covers to make them for the blanks of the RR panel but it's well worth the effort.
Old 12-02-2014, 12:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The A-Pillar is a good place to start. Daystar panel with OTRATTW switches you cannot go wrong.
Old 12-02-2014, 12:30 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WHT_JKUR
Thanks for all the replies... Will look at daystar as well Looking at first post... That looks awesome! Did you just cut into the original a pillar to mount? Who makes the switches How hard was the wiring into the engine bay?
That is a 3/4" hole I believe. Used a step bit in the original a pillar panel. The switches are plasma glow led activator. Easy and looks stock. It's also very close to the hole in the firewall so running wires is a breeze. They are all behind the side panel.

sent from my work leash
Old 12-02-2014, 12:39 PM
JK Freak

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Firewall?

What I want to know is where are you guys coming through the firewall? Is there an easy existing hole or did you drill? If you did drill where? Pictures would be awesome!!!
Old 12-02-2014, 01:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

So if you take the side panel of the dash off on either side there is a hole that might have foam in it. But stick a coat hanger through and it comes out under the cowl. That's where I ran my wires. As for switches. I went to Oznium.com and picked up some flush mount anti vandel switches. I don't have power windows so I had a space between the center dash vents. Where I mounted six switches. IMO, they look factory. Easy to wire and look good when on. If you want pics I'll post some later. I don't have any on my phone.
Old 12-02-2014, 02:50 PM
JK Freak

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Excellent!

Originally Posted by MT10JK
So if you take the side panel of the dash off on either side there is a hole that might have foam in it. But stick a coat hanger through and it comes out under the cowl. That's where I ran my wires. As for switches. I went to Oznium.com and picked up some flush mount anti vandel switches. I don't have power windows so I had a space between the center dash vents. Where I mounted six switches. IMO, they look factory. Easy to wire and look good when on. If you want pics I'll post some later. I don't have any on my phone.
Thanks so much I just came across a posting in which Mark Doiron said the same thing. I searched and searched before and couldn't find it. Looks simple! Really appreciate the feedback. I'll be doing that for my KC lights as soon as I get my beauty back from the dealership. In for repairs.

Nice job on the switches. Post up some pics for sure.

Quick Reply: Switches for lighting