Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

switched auxiliary fuse box

Old 09-22-2012, 04:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default switched auxiliary fuse box

hey guys, i did a search and haven't found much.. i already have one pair of KC windshield mount lights and I'm adding driving lights to my bumper this week. i want to avoid making a birds nest under my hood and want to start a clean wiring set up. i like what i see from blue sea systems but i can't find a switched fuse box and i know can add a relay but won't the wires be too thin to handle the power? i see a system on quadratec for a few more bucks with a relay but it doesn't seem as weather proof. can somebody lead me in the right direction with a good wiring diagram or switched aux fuse block? thanks!
Old 09-22-2012, 05:43 PM
jdk
JK Freak

Look at a boat supply dealer (waterproof), I installed a fuse panel up high on the passengers side kick panel ran two wires through my firewall form the battery and tapped all my lights from there.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jdk
Look at a boat supply dealer (waterproof), I installed a fuse panel up high on the passengers side kick panel ran two wires through my firewall form the battery and tapped all my lights from there.
I'm looking to keep my fuse panel on a switched circuit so it goes on with my ignition. What fuse box did you buy?
Old 09-22-2012, 09:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

painless wiring systems may have something
Old 09-23-2012, 07:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by carolinajk
painless wiring systems may have something
yea i saw that but it doesn't seem worth more than the blue sea systems..
Old 09-24-2012, 03:52 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by notsoricer
I'm looking to keep my fuse panel on a switched circuit so it goes on with my ignition. What fuse box did you buy?
I understand the need for a "power distribution box" if you plan on having multiple outputs. But switching the entire block is unnecessary for lighting outputs. All you need to switch from the accessory is ( 1 ) control circuit. Use this circuit to feed all of your switches. So, when you turn off your Jeep, your switches don't work.

Quick Reply: switched auxiliary fuse box