Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

switch panel

Old 11-03-2014, 07:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=Reepo;4005537]
Originally Posted by Vladimer
What overhead mount is that you have the CB hanging on? /QUOTE]

I made that mount. I posted the link to the write up earlier in this thread. Post #10.
Got it, thanks!
Old 11-04-2014, 02:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got it, thanks!

I used the 1-5/8" x 13/16" based on overall size. The other option (1-5/8" x 1-5/8") was just too big for what I wanted. Here's the link:

Shop SUPERSTRUT 1-5/8-in x 13/16-in Gold-Galvanized Half Slot Channel Strut at Lowes.com

Not sure what options are available for you guys up north of the border. All the cone nuts and brackets were located in the same area as the superstrut at my stores. If you need any additional info, let me know.
Old 11-04-2014, 06:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah I checked with Lowes and they didn't have anything there online, but they said not everything in the store is online. I know I've seen Channel Strut stuff before in one manner or another so they might just have it under a different name.
Old 11-04-2014, 08:08 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vladimer
Yeah I checked with Lowes and they didn't have anything there online, but they said not everything in the store is online. I know I've seen Channel Strut stuff before in one manner or another so they might just have it under a different name.
You can get Strut at Home Depot in the electrical department
Old 11-05-2014, 02:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had to go to both Lowe's and Home Depot to get all of the parts to build this. One didn't have the three hole corner brackets, the other didn't have the four hole straight brackets; not enough washers at one, not enough bolts at the other. The lack of parts by one or the other made it a very frustrating day. The stores here in my home town are only about 1/2 mile apart, which is nice, but traffic made it a pain. As you said, not everything is listed on line that they have in store, but they also don't stock some things that they have on line. As dark said, and I stated in my original write up post, the parts are located near the electrical junction boxes. If you build something like this, let us know how it turned out. Good luck.
Old 11-05-2014, 04:57 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most electrical supply houses have strut material as it is very common in the electrical and telecommunications industries.

Not sure if there's one near you, but Graybar generally wi have it in stock

Quick Reply: switch panel