Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Swaybar and Dashlighs comes on!

Old 12-24-2015, 09:59 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swaybar and Dashlighs comes on!

Guys, anyone experienced this? I've had my Rubicon for over a year now, and @18K miles, while on the highway, the sway bar and other lights come on, then i lose cruise control and the ESP light stays on. I brought it in and the dealership reset something and it was good for a while. Now @23K miles, it's happening again, this time, it's at a different dealership. After having my vehicle for a while now (3 weeks), they're telling me they're suspecting either my Speakers LED headlights or my Aftermarket Pioneer stereo is causing the issue.

I find it hard to believe since I've had the headlights/stereo almost just as long as I've had the Rubicon, and the issue just started. What doesn't make sense is that the headlights weren't even on when issue occur, which is sporadic. Now, they're claiming that after they've disconnected power to the headlights/stereo, the issue is gone. It's sporadic, how can they tell whether or not the issue is gone?
Old 12-24-2015, 10:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Disconnect the negative cable for 15 minutes and reconnect that should fix the problem with the lights
Old 12-24-2015, 04:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sounds like the dealership is trying to make excuses for what is wrong. My 2014 did this too. It ended up being the battery connection was not good enough. Things were snugged down better and haven't had problems since.
Old 12-24-2015, 04:51 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Battery connection or debris in the sway bar/ sway bar connection is more likely. Swap back to stock parts and prove them wrong.
Old 12-27-2015, 02:28 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by karls10jk
Battery connection or debris in the sway bar/ sway bar connection is more likely. Swap back to stock parts and prove them wrong.
After three weeks, I couldn't wait any longer and had to pick up the car. Gave this dealership ample notice, xmas eve. Yesterday, when i went to pick up the car, it was not ready nor worked on! I had to return today to pick it up.

One headlight was dead, disconnected, they f'd up the harness. Got home and found a piece of the plastic trim sitting in the trunk, unbelievable! Now, i've had to zip tie the headlight harness together for it to stay put, and spent my time putting the car back together myself on my driveway.

They still don't know what the issue is and still trying to blame my headlights/stereo. The lights hasn't come on yet but it's hard to say since it's sporadic, maybe them disconnecting some stuff reset something?
Click image for larger version

Name:	20151227_130352.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	3.88 MB
ID:	632939

Name:	20151227_132315.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	4.23 MB
ID:	632940

Name:	20151227_140748.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	3.20 MB
ID:	632941

Name:	20151227_141358.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	4.38 MB
ID:	632942
Old 12-27-2015, 02:43 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Based on the air can being removed, I'd say they probably checked your sway bar motor. It still wouldn't be a bad idea to check out that connection and make sure it's clean and tight. Pulling apart the sway bar disconnect is the next option they need to explore, unless they'd rather just replace the bar.

Is finding another dealer an option? A warranty is valid at any dealer if you have others available.
Old 12-28-2015, 01:51 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by karls10jk
Based on the air can being removed, I'd say they probably checked your sway bar motor. It still wouldn't be a bad idea to check out that connection and make sure it's clean and tight. Pulling apart the sway bar disconnect is the next option they need to explore, unless they'd rather just replace the bar.

Is finding another dealer an option? A warranty is valid at any dealer if you have others available.
I had issues getting service from this dealership in the past so i have gone to another dealership, unfortunately, it's about 40 miles farther. Let's hope the issue is gone for good.
Old 12-31-2015, 10:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AnvilX14
Sounds like the dealership is trying to make excuses for what is wrong. My 2014 did this too. It ended up being the battery connection was not good enough. Things were snugged down better and haven't had problems since.
I had the same thing happen. Also, my battery dropped a cell with 17k miles on it. Under 2 years old. All is good now with new battery

Quick Reply: Swaybar and Dashlighs comes on!