Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Swapped seats in jeeps, now need to wire heated seats.. How?

Old Yesterday | 01:14 PM
JK Newbie

Default Swapped seats in jeeps, now need to wire heated seats.. How?

So I had a very special 70th anniversary Ed Jeep that very sadly got totaled. I was able to keep the seats, which had heaters in them, and put them into my new 2014 Jeep. This one did not have the wiring for heated seats. What do I need to be able to hook up the heat?

Any help is MUCH appreciated!

I have some electrical experience and have taken apart the dash before to add a head unit/screen.

Old Today | 08:08 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

this is just a hunch, but i think that trying to use those heaters in the same factory wired scenario is going to be a complete headache and deeper rabbit hole than you might think. I tend to think that it would be easier for you to simply wire them up to an aftermarket toggle switched tapped to 12v supply just as you would if they were aftermarket seat warmers. I have some seat warmers hooked to two small switches right next to the cup holders. i don't have a picture, but talking about this location right here...just small round switches that have a high and low option -

Quick Reply: Swapped seats in jeeps, now need to wire heated seats.. How?