Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Sunpie LED Headlights & Fog Light Install Question

Old 02-25-2022, 07:15 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sunpie LED Headlights & Fog Light Install Question

Ok, I did a search thru the lights sections but nothing pertained my question. Recently purchased and installed the 7" SUNPIE LED headlights & 4" fog lights. Everything worked as advertised EXCEPT the fog lights. The fog lights came with the following plug. However; the jeep factory plug and the fog light plug fit perfectly, but they don't work. Am I supposed to use the supplied harness below and tap into my factory harness? Seems kind of silly to do that, but not sure where or who to turn to now. I emailed the company, but no reply yet. Just hoping someone may have had the same situation and can help me out sooner than the company. Thanks.

Old 02-25-2022, 12:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts

Is it possible that ground and positive are reversed on the 2 plugs? If so can you pulll the pins on the sunpie and reverse them.
Old 02-28-2022, 06:08 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Issue resolved!

UPDATE on thread; the plugs (pictured) provided apparently are to tie into the factory harness if your Jeep's factory plug will not simply "Plug & Play". Mine were plug and play; however the fog light plug is universal and can be flipped over for the pins to line up correctly. When I looked at it closer, I was able to turn factory harness plug over and then plug it back into the fog light. All works now. I would think this would be something they put in the installation manual, but apparently they want you to figure this out on your own.
The following users liked this post:
Basshole (05-06-2024)
Old 02-08-2024, 08:47 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How well did your Sunpie headlights fit in the pockets? The ones we got don't want to seat right. It's like the "tabs" are off a little bit.

Quick Reply: Sunpie LED Headlights & Fog Light Install Question