Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

sub bolts

Old 01-07-2013, 10:36 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sub bolts

I think one of the bolts in my sub came unwelded how van I get to the bolt
Old 01-07-2013, 11:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not sure I understand: What bolt welded to the sub? No Subwoofer I've seen had any bolts welded to it. Most are mounted with either machine screws for plastic enclosures or wood screws in MDF boxes. Removal is simply remove all the screws around the outer ring of the sub and pry out.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:48 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm sorry, this is funny.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Your sub enclosure came loose?
Old 01-07-2013, 08:16 PM
JK Super Freak

You guys know just how to help a guy out. There are nuts or bolts/screws(depending on sub),some have both, that hold the motor(magnet) to the frame. You two may know it as the round thing. The bolts and/or The nuts can come loose and back put sometimes. This is a defect from the manufacter. They didn't put the right glue or didn't put any.

Op if you can check to see if the voicecoil is black or discolored. The metal sound you may here could be the coil. If its blown the coil may slinky or come off the former which holds the coil. If the sub is played hard or clipped the coil can become unwound from the former. This is cause by prolonged heat or heated to quickly meaning a distorted signal(clipping). Check with the manufacter for warranty.

If its a cheaper sub, kicker/certain Memphis, jl they don't tend to make recone kits. Which means its cheaper tk buy another in the case of a blown sub.

Btw, I was only joking with the two previous posters. The op is looking for help no hell. Hahah
Old 06-02-2014, 01:04 PM
JK Newbie

TexasMPJeep, are you referring to the bolts holding the factor sub & sub-enclosure to the body of the Jeep? There are 2 bolts that come up from underneath that are secured with nuts. I believe these bolts are welded to the body and if the weld does not hold, the bolt will simply spin with the nut as you attempt to loosen them. If so, any luck with loosening the nut? I'm currently having the same problem.

Quick Reply: sub bolts