Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

store video on mygig

Old 01-19-2009 | 06:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hooked my Zune up to the Lockpick with a A/V dock to my Mygig and it plays all my video's. haven't tried anything else but it does have standard component A/V inputs.
Old 01-20-2009 | 05:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

the Mygig works off of the QNX4 Operating system... I work wit hthis OS at work fairly regularly for a voicemail system that runs it.. it is very much possible to install a Bigger Hard drive into the MyGig and the BIOS will likely recognize it.. however stretching parition sizes is tricky....

I tried to order "U-connect GPS"(mygig) in my new 2009 however I was informed by the dealer that it cannot be ordered on an X model.. Id have jad to go to the sahara and I didnt want the added expense for no real gain... or a rubicon and im lucky to wheel once a year let alone need a rubi... so I cant test this script I wrote until such time as I find a good deal on a 2009 Mygig with Nav on the ebay.. (I dont want the 2008 or older units....).. the BIOS is updated in the 2009's and likely can be hacked more....
-Christopher
Old 01-20-2009 | 06:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JeepaRoo
. the BIOS is updated in the 2009's and likely can be hacked more....
-Christopher
So where'd you get that tidbit?

the 09 has hardware to control iPods.
That's it. I mean, don't get me wrong, I would prefer an 09 mygig to, (and that's what I'm using to control my iPod in fact) but just curious why you say "the bios is updated"
Old 01-21-2009 | 11:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Ive just heard through various people from reading some of the other chrysler forums and also from a "hacker" at a dealer that the BIOS was changed for 09 to accomodate the new hardware as well as the larger hard drive.. and that he feels it will be more open to adding even larger hard drives as long as you can handle the QNX part of it.... like I say I will know more once the 09 units start hitting E-bay for reasnable prices, as I wasnt willing to pay the extra coin t oget a sahara or a rubi just so I could have the "mygig" system... however the dealer said he had tried a couple times for others to order it on an X and the system kicked the order back out so it definately couldnt be ordered...

I hinestly think I can handle the QNX part of stretching the partitions to handle a larger Hard drive.. however I dont know how licensing on the MyGig is handled.... it may be that the software signature is created off of the Hard drive serial number...

I will know once I get my hands on one of these units to Play because I intend to rip into it pretty heavily... if nothing more than to see if i can incorporate the Mygig into a partial CarPuter....

However first and foremost I have to get a JK that runs right....
-Christopher
Old 01-21-2009 | 12:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JeepaRoo
Ive just heard through various people from reading some of the other chrysler forums and also from a "hacker" at a dealer that the BIOS was changed for 09 to accomodate the new hardware as well as the larger hard drive.. and that he feels it will be more open to adding even larger hard drives as long as you can handle the QNX part of it.... like I say I will know more once the 09 units start hitting E-bay for reasnable prices, as I wasnt willing to pay the extra coin t oget a sahara or a rubi just so I could have the "mygig" system... however the dealer said he had tried a couple times for others to order it on an X and the system kicked the order back out so it definately couldnt be ordered...

I hinestly think I can handle the QNX part of stretching the partitions to handle a larger Hard drive.. however I dont know how licensing on the MyGig is handled.... it may be that the software signature is created off of the Hard drive serial number...

I will know once I get my hands on one of these units to Play because I intend to rip into it pretty heavily... if nothing more than to see if i can incorporate the Mygig into a partial CarPuter....

However first and foremost I have to get a JK that runs right....
-Christopher
I don't know if all of that is true. I have a mygig from a 07 and added 128GB solid-state drive and everything works fine. once you know what partition goes where and you have the native QNX it's very easy for any computer geek.
Old 01-22-2009 | 06:41 PM
JK Super Freak

sweet thats what I wanted to hear... having not actually done it i wasnt sure but QNX can be a bit flaky.. although I replace hard drives in QNX VM systems all the time... perhaps I dont need to look for an 09 Mygig but just get an 07 and the plunk down the god awful $199 to get the map updates.. install my SSD and go to town...
-Christopher
Old 01-22-2009 | 07:08 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MD_Rubi
I don't know if all of that is true. I have a mygig from a 07 and added 128GB solid-state drive and everything works fine. once you know what partition goes where and you have the native QNX it's very easy for any computer geek.
im pretty good with instructions. do u have any pics? write up? anything that might help me perform this mod. i know more than the average joe about a computer but nething more than that is out of my league
Old 01-22-2009 | 07:28 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have any of you messed with the QNX code much? Is there an editor for it that is free?
Old 01-23-2009 | 06:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
Have any of you messed with the QNX code much? Is there an editor for it that is free?
Yea, it's called linux.
And then text files.

Just whatever you do when messing with it, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do NOT ever plug the mygig HD up to anything running windows.
IT WILL corrupt the drive.
Even though it asks you, if you say no, it will still destroy it.

Nice job on the SS disk by the way. That's pretty awesome, I'd love to do that, but my HD hasn't croaked yet, and I have several laptop drives laying around so it's going to be hard to get wife approval for a SS drive.
Old 01-23-2009 | 08:15 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I gues I know nothing about linux, cause it didn't read where I could understand it. I don't need to mess with the hard drive I don't think. I think I have another way figured out if I had someone a little smarter than me to help.

Quick Reply: store video on mygig