Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Stock JK audio system upgrade? Keeping your stock receiever look...add an amp

Old 10-09-2011, 12:41 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by armycop
All you need is a line converter and RCA jacks like the previous poster listed. Then you can hook up any amp and subwoofer combination. Plus better speakers like Polk Audio or Kicker would make a difference in mids-highs. Make sure that it's hooked to the front speaker wires, the rear speakers are tuned down in power because they are close to the ears.
Hahaa...we de programmer my rears on my 2dr...there effing loud!!!
Old 10-09-2011, 01:57 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by sringer

Hahaa...we de programmer my rears on my 2dr...there effing loud!!!
How did you do it!?
Old 10-09-2011, 04:51 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by CottonFire

How did you do it!?
Like I've said to everything else...I honestly don't know. He did everything. But they are wayy loud. It also has to do with having aftermarket marine audio speakers in there too
Old 10-09-2011, 05:06 PM
JK Newbie

Haha - you got everyone wondering now. You think you could reach out to your trail buddy/av expert and ask him whats up?

would you guys suggest de programming the rear speakers? Theres a component you can buy, I believe JL Audio, that connects to the receiver... If I'm not mistaken, it de programs it and flattens all audio levels so that the amp is working with a "blank canvas"... I'm just not sure how necessary it is. Depending on how it all sounds, Ill make that decision.

Once installed (or blown up), I will get back to you all regarding sound quality. If its even near the old setup I had (factory Infinity upgrade), then I'm sure I'll be happy with it.
Old 10-09-2011, 06:54 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by zartarjeep
Haha - you got everyone wondering now. You think you could reach out to your trail buddy/av expert and ask him whats up?

would you guys suggest de programming the rear speakers? Theres a component you can buy, I believe JL Audio, that connects to the receiver... If I'm not mistaken, it de programs it and flattens all audio levels so that the amp is working with a "blank canvas"... I'm just not sure how necessary it is. Depending on how it all sounds, Ill make that decision.

Once installed (or blown up), I will get back to you all regarding sound quality. If its even near the old setup I had (factory Infinity upgrade), then I'm sure I'll be happy with it.
yup, i most definetly will. i know that when he set up my system it made it so that i cant fade from front to rear or side to side...i can still control bass and trebel. i know that the bass switch on controls the speakers tho...and he said never turn that up because it will mess up the speakers. i have an external knob for the sub and i have my speakers run thru the amp and i have my trebel turned down a little bit thru the stock sirius head unit. hope that helps. ill talk to my buddy about it tomoro and get back to you.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Pac Audio makes an inline RCA converter, SNI-50 for around $29
Old 10-12-2011, 08:25 AM
JK Newbie

This isnt happening.... Just searched Yelp for "Stereo Installer"....
Old 10-12-2011, 04:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hire the professional and report back.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hey,

I have two 12" kickers I'm
Running off a 750 watt pioneer. Honestly, I just tied the amp into my rear speakers. No rca's, and it sounds just fine to me and my friends that ride with me. They can't tell. If you wanna make your speakers louder overall you need to run them through an amp. A 250 should be fine for smaller speakers. Just saying. Haha
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2505979548.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	222767   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-593681423.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	222768  
Old 10-13-2011, 08:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Goose0077
Pac Audio makes an inline RCA converter, SNI-50 for around $29
What stores carry these? I'm having no luck finding one.

Quick Reply: Stock JK audio system upgrade? Keeping your stock receiever look...add an amp