Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Stock Head Unit Question - Not Infinity

Old 06-17-2008, 07:30 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock Head Unit Question - Not Infinity

My Jeep is coming in this week and I'm already thinking about mods. Mine will be the non-infinity system with Sirius. Ideally, I would like to keep the stock head unit and Sirius unit and just add an amp, better speakers and a sub. Has anyone done this? I'm a complete audio newb so I know nothing about what is required. Do I need to swap out the head unit? Can I simply purchase an amp, speakers and sub and connect them to the current head unit?
Old 06-17-2008, 07:58 AM
TMC
JK Enthusiast

Yes you can do this, Myself I would go to best buy or ultimate electronics or something of that sort and they can more than likely do it the same day you buy your components.
I was going to do the same thing but ran short of funds, but did alot of research on it. You could also try looking in the elctronics section of this forum.
Old 06-17-2008, 11:11 AM
JK Jedi

Try posting and searching here:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13

Tons of great info!

Quick Reply: Stock Head Unit Question - Not Infinity