Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Stock Fog Light Replacement Options

Old 01-31-2012, 07:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock Fog Light Replacement Options

I bought the Pilot PL-203W fog lights and mounted them into the stock fog light location on my 2011 JKU. I was very happy with the upgrade. It was easy to perform, the cost was excellent (about $40), and the light output was a huge improvement. However one of the bulbs is already burned out and they are only 2 weeks old. I can go get another pair for $40; stock replacements are $65 per bulb, so it's really not a big deal.

But, I was hoping to find something higher quality, specifically something that will fit in the stock fog light location. Does anyone have any experience with these from RallyLights? Does anyone know if they'll actually connect to the stock mounting bracket?

http://www.rallylights.com/detail.aspx?ID=992
http://www.rallylights.com/detail.aspx?ID=132

Thanks!
Old 02-01-2012, 06:57 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been doing more research and it looks like there is definitely another option through Vision X. There is a writeup on the forums and it looks very promising. Looks like I'll be ordering that kit next week.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:06 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am also looking at the PIAA 510 lights. Just waiting to confirm if someone has done this...
Old 02-01-2012, 09:03 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by IcyFridge
I am also looking at the PIAA 510 lights. Just waiting to confirm if someone has done this...
Yea someone on here did and used a custom mounting bracket. It looked great but can't remember who it was

Quick Reply: Stock Fog Light Replacement Options