Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Stock 6disc DVD player

Old 06-26-2008, 09:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock 6disc DVD player

I was advised by my dealer that this unit will only play while parked. Is there a way to have video monitors installed in the headrests and enable the system to play DVD's while moving? Sorry if this has been answered.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:14 AM
JK Freak

mine plays while in motion.

Granted, I don't have monitor set up yet, but I can still listen as I drive.

I don't think that it would cut off if I added the monitor, since its only 2 wires, and not a 3rd for sensing if monitor was present.

Best bet is to find a DVD that auto starts when inserted (I can't guess the controls without a screen) and see if you get the movie audio while in motion.

(FYI, my copy of Full Metal Jacket plays while in motion)
Old 06-26-2008, 09:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by eaglemikeo
mine plays while in motion.

Granted, I don't have monitor set up yet, but I can still listen as I drive.

I don't think that it would cut off if I added the monitor, since its only 2 wires, and not a 3rd for sensing if monitor was present.

Best bet is to find a DVD that auto starts when inserted (I can't guess the controls without a screen) and see if you get the movie audio while in motion.

(FYI, my copy of Full Metal Jacket plays while in motion)
Gotcha. Maybe someone here has added an aftermarket screen and can confirm. My dealer only said that it would only play the sound, I don't think they specified that it didn't even have a screen.

That makes sense.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:48 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

in the write up section, there is an install for a monitor.... https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/my-full-dvd-monitor-write-up-part-1-a-3904/

my MyGig (different radio) shows video and audio while parked, If I put it in drive, the audio continues but the video stops.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:55 AM
JK Freak

Tell ya what, I'm looking at doing some modification to the radio this weekend, I'll plug it into my GPS (as video screen) and let ya know on monday.

If I forget to respond on monday (I'm adding subscription with this post) someone please PM me for the answer.

Quick Reply: Stock 6disc DVD player