Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Still with the A/C issue

Old 09-13-2020, 02:57 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Still with the A/C issue

Hi everyone,

I have posted about this issue before, but I have more info and I'm hoping someone might know something.
I have a 2010 JK with manual A/C.
My evaporator freezes up after about 15 to 20 minutes of A/C running.
I have since found that the compressor never cycles off but stays engaged permanently.
If I disconnect the pressure transducer the compressor cycles off.
If I disconnect the evaporator temp sensor the compressor cycles off.
I regassed the system and confirmed that the gas quantity is as per specification.
The high and low side pressures are ok.
I replaced the pressure transducer.
I replaced the evaporator temperature sensor.
Someone suggested to me to wire a resistor into the evaporator temperature sensor wiring as the sensor might be reading the temp too high, but that also doesn't help.
My Jeep stealer has no clue, in fact it turned out that they underfilled the system.
I believe that the signal from the temp sensor goes to the PCM. Could that be faulty? Or the TIPM? I don't think so because disconnecting the sensors cycles the compressor off.
Or, on the other hand, could the signals from pressure sensor or temp sensor be incorrectly processed by the control unit?
Is there a way of checking that without trying a new control unit?

Old 11-12-2020, 03:38 AM
JK Freak

Sounds like the expansion valve is not working.
Old 11-12-2020, 03:45 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Spytec128
Sounds like the expansion valve is not working.
I actually fixed it. I bought an electronic temperature control module with its own temp sensor. I set the temperature for the compressure to be switched on and off, and it's now working perfectly. Issue is that the PCM does not process the signal from the temp sensor correctly, even after I replaced the sensor.

Quick Reply: Still with the A/C issue