Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Stereo Wiring Harness for JK w/Infinity Has Shipped

Old 03-23-2007, 04:40 PM
RLandis

Default Stereo Wiring Harness for JK w/Infinity Has Shipped

It's actually on its way to me as we speak. Metra part #CHTO-03. That's the good news. The bad news is that the distributor got one, and one only, of the 36 that shipped from Metra. It took me a gazillion calls to get it.

The funny thing is that when I called Metra, the sales rep didn't know it had shipped. He told me they were a month away from shipping.

Now, if I could only get me head unit, I'd be on my way......backordered @Crutchfield, and the deal on it is irresistable.....Pioneer AVIC D3, bluetooth, Ipod control, XM w/traffic, backup camera, all for $1200.

Patience is an overrated virtue.
Old 03-24-2007, 08:55 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It's true! I have one in my hands!

Just picked mine up. Now, to get it installed!
Old 03-24-2007, 12:54 PM
RLandis

Originally Posted by cjsjeep
Just picked mine up. Now, to get it installed!
Good for you....mine came from a distributor near San Diego (can't remember name....it's in my office)......where did you get yours?
Old 03-26-2007, 03:33 PM
JK Newbie

Default Metra Kit- Ordered from Audio Jam, DE

Metra Kit- Special Ordered from Audio Jam, DE
Old 03-28-2007, 05:25 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Awesome, well thats progress at least. Hopefully they'll be a little more available by the time my JK comes in. I still havent decided what I'm going to put in...
Old 03-28-2007, 05:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Is it a harness that bypasses the amp or does it intergrate the amp??
Old 03-28-2007, 05:00 PM
RLandis

the Metra CHTO-03 is specifically for 07 Wrangler w/the Infinity system, and will integrate w/the amp. If you don't want to use the amp, and either provide your own, or use the builtin amp of your new head unit, you have to run speaker wires from the new HU to the output of the factory amp, thereby bypassing it, but not removing it. here's some reading about it for you:
http://www.autotoys.com/x/cust/produ...productid=9868

Quick Reply: Stereo Wiring Harness for JK w/Infinity Has Shipped