Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Stereo Question

Old 12-25-2010, 07:51 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No Prob dude ... hope all works out if you need any other info let me know i just went through what you are plannig and it all worked out sweet
Old 12-26-2010, 10:04 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, I have everything figured out except the wiring harness. Crutchfield is telling me that I need the $120 one because I don't have aux power at my stereo. Don't know how this is possible, the factory radio must be solar powered.

What wiring harnesses did you guys buy when installing an after-market head unit in your Jeep?
Old 12-26-2010, 10:12 AM
JK Freak

they are right .. there is no Acc Wire Lead at the Radio Harness the radio is Can-Bus Controlled but if you dont have the Infinity Sound System with Amps Installed Under the Steering Wheels then you just need the Basic harness and route your own switched Acc wire to the switched power outlet (cig-lighter)

i had to use the Axxess CHTO-03 Can-Bus Harness adapter to contoll mine due to the infinity system

have you looked at Quadratec? they sell a couple of units that are straight plug and play pre wired?

Last edited by gadget799; 12-26-2010 at 10:37 AM.
Old 12-26-2010, 03:27 PM
JK Newbie

Got mine at sonicelectronix.com they give you the cheap harness. As said before if you have the non infinity system just run the red Aux wire to the left side cig lighter. It's what I did. When keys turn off radio turns off when you open door.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:57 AM
JK Freak

Best way to go with Harness adapters is to get the Axxess Models Both Units Come with Acc Power Leads , the only Differance is if you have the full infinity 7 package or not

Axxess Kit for NON Infinity package is - Part # XSVI-6522-NAV

Axxess Kit for Full Infinity package is - Part # CHTO-03

Axxess Site: www.axxessinterface.com

both kits make it super simple to swap out your head units

**Quick note: You Will Lose Your Onboard Compass when Swapping head units so Dont Be Alarmed when you turn on your Jeep and its gone**
Old 12-27-2010, 09:59 AM
JK Newbie

You don't loose your compass. All you have to do is recalibrate it per owners manual.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:01 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Dbar71
You don't loose your compass. All you have to do is recalibrate it per owners manual.

Really ? i will have to look into that beacuse mine is completly gone from the display? lol

Quick Reply: Stereo Question