Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Step By Step Installation of Rigid Dually LEDs using BDF Fog Light Bracket

Old 08-10-2012, 05:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's all the flicker is? I thought it was a flicker that was on while using the light. Is it the same flicker issue with the truck-lites also?
Old 08-10-2012, 10:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

No the flicker with the truck lites is while they are on. To me it's barely noticeable, unless your behind a car or facing a wall and looking for it.
Old 08-10-2012, 10:45 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by antonioso
That's all the flicker is? I thought it was a flicker that was on while using the light. Is it the same flicker issue with the truck-lites also?
Originally Posted by Tylerm78
No the flicker with the truck lites is while they are on. To me it's barely noticeable, unless your behind a car or facing a wall and looking for it.
Not true the flicker varies between the different models of JK's some have it really bad and others its barely noticeable. On my jeep it was very bad so I used an SMS harness and wired it directly from the battery and it got rid of it totally. The Duallys just need a capacitor to eliminate the small residual flicker after the Jeep is shut down.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fadeout
Not true the flicker varies between the different models of JK's some have it really bad and others its barely noticeable. On my jeep it was very bad so I used an SMS harness and wired it directly from the battery and it got rid of it totally. The Duallys just need a capacitor to eliminate the small residual flicker after the Jeep is shut down.
When you wired in the SMS harness did you notice any difference in brightness? My Truck-lites don't seem as bright as I was expecting from pics. I was wondering if direct wiring to the battery would make them brighter.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

On another note, has anyone had issues with wiring these direct causing issues with turn signals? Ever since the install I get a random front turn signal out warning. No rhyme or reason as to when it happens and it's both sides. Not at the same time though. Doesn't seem to happen when the Duallys are on, but may just be a coincidence. Also, turning the Jeep off and on resets it and they work fine. I've checked the bulbs and the wiring and everything looks good. I did do the market light mod, but that was last year and I've never had a problem until now.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:45 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Tylerm78
When you wired in the SMS harness did you notice any difference in brightness? My Truck-lites don't seem as bright as I was expecting from pics. I was wondering if direct wiring to the battery would make them brighter.
subtle improvement, but no flicker. That was the main issue for me. and I don't get any random turn signals, I would double check the wiring for the marker mod.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:58 AM
JK Junkie

subtle improvement, but no flicker. That was the main issue for me. and I don't get any random turn signals, I would double check the wiring for the marker mod.
yeah i would definitely explore the marker mod vs. the Rigid Dually's

matthew
Old 08-27-2012, 03:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Wiring looked fine. Not sure why after a year it would start now. And the fact it hasn't happened when they're on is weird. I'm gonna redo the marker wiring and see if that helps. Also gonna look into the capacitor for the duallys. Maybe it's the voltage issue messing with the system. Especially because it resets after the Jeep us turned off and on. All I know for sure is its frustrating.
Old 08-29-2012, 04:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

I actually made a YouTube of the strobe effect and it can be cancelled out easily with a quick search on eBay for HID flicker fix.... a bunch of capacitor options will pop up and you only need to wire one in per light and zip tie it to the frame and your flicker will be gone.
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=330784709715

Is this similar to what you used? Or was it the one they listed as warning canceler?
Old 09-04-2012, 04:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Bump to top

Quick Reply: Step By Step Installation of Rigid Dually LEDs using BDF Fog Light Bracket