Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Stebel Compact NAUTILUS Tuning Horn - HOLY CRAP!!

Old 03-29-2014, 11:11 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stebel Compact NAUTILUS Tuning Horn - HOLY CRAP!!

Decided my snail horn needed upgrading so after a bit of research I settled on the Stebel Nautilus Tuning. I chose the Tuning version out of the range as it's designed to be more waterproof and meant for off-road vehicles. This is the horn in question:

Image Credit

This horn is not big, about twice the size of your average snail horn but boy does it pack a punch! I asked my wife to touch it to see if it vibrated whilst I activated it. The poor girl did a backward summersault with inverted twist.

If you're looking to upgrade your horn and like waking up entire neighbourhoods (and their ancestors), this is the horn for you!!
Old 03-30-2014, 04:56 AM
JK Freak

I can report that cars do indeed move out of the way a good 3.7 seconds quicker than they did before!
Old 03-30-2014, 06:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How did you wire it? Does it mount in the same location? And what did you pay for it? Thanks.
Old 03-30-2014, 07:01 AM
JK Jedi

Wow!! I just listened to it on the website... I wonder if they sell this in the good ole USA? Guess I'll check...
Old 03-30-2014, 07:07 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DannyMalkin
How did you wire it? Does it mount in the same location? And what did you pay for it? Thanks.
Originally Posted by scooby snacks
Wow!! I just listened to it on the website... I wonder if they sell this in the good ole USA? Guess I'll check...
Amazon.com: SUPER LOUD Stebel Nautilus Compact Twin Air Horn; Universal for Cars, Trucks, Boats, ATVS, Motorcycles and Scooters: Automotive
Old 03-30-2014, 07:16 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by DannyMalkin
They're probably around $40 in the US. I actually didn't need to wire it, it was plug and play for me as the guy who owned my JK from new upgraded the horn to a snail horn. It's a simple job, though and it fit nicely where the old horn had been mounted. Keep in mind that I have a diesel CRD engine in mine and there is far less room in the engine bay than you guys have with the 3.8s.
Old 03-30-2014, 07:23 AM
MFX
JK Super Freak

throw up a sound clip or vid
Old 03-30-2014, 10:52 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MFX
throw up a sound clip or vid
OK, will try to do one this evening.
Old 03-30-2014, 11:26 PM
JK Freak

I run the same horn, manufactured by "WOLO" - its available at auto zone etc for about 68 bucks

Wolo makes it under the "bad boy" name -
Wolo has sound clips for your your listening & comparison pleasure.

a year or 2 ago they came out w/ a new one called the bad boy MAX - its 5db louder w/ a deeper tone.

WIRING - I used the factory horn wiring - occasionally i was popping the fuse on "longer" or "double" toots of the horn so i increased the fuse size from 15a to 20a and haven't had any more issues. FWIW I run the same horn on my wifes miata (stock 15a fuse, and haven't had any issues popping fuses).

amazon prime has the bad boy for 34 bucks & harbor freight even carries it for 39 bucks.

Old 03-31-2014, 06:02 AM
JK Freak

Cheers BP. That'll save me blowing the Mrs away again holding my iPhone. :p

Quick Reply: Stebel Compact NAUTILUS Tuning Horn - HOLY CRAP!!