Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Starting issue

Old 05-17-2014, 01:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starting issue

I have a 2007 JKU with automatic transmission. I put a new motor in it, which means that I disconnected the transmission cable at the transmission. After I put everything back together, I get just a click when I try to start the Jeep most of the time. It will start but can take up to 40 or more attempts. There is no set way that makes it start. I can push up on the selector, put it in neutral, run it through the gears ending in park or neutral, foot on the brake or off...it will intermittently start in any of these positions. I have switched all the relays around and it's still the same issue. It also has had 2 brand new starters that didn't help either. Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Old 05-17-2014, 05:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Bump for any ideas.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Old 05-17-2014, 06:25 PM
JK Newbie

I've had the click and no start problem every summer with my 2007 for the past three years. I've been through 2 new starters and batteries. Last summer after reading threads I would just push the shifter forward if I had the click and it would start for me. Hope this helps.
Old 05-17-2014, 10:52 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a park switch sensor in the tranny that is known to go bad. I have the same issue. Just like stated above, push the shifter towards PARK when you get the click and then try to start it again. Works everytime for me...
Old 05-17-2014, 10:54 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stoc...nstant-253187/

Read the thread above...

Quick Reply: Starting issue