Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Spot lights tied to high beam switch

Old 08-21-2012, 03:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spot lights tied to high beam switch

I want to add some dually lights to the front of my rig, mainly for seeing deer on the side of the road - they are every where here and will jump out quick.

Question: has anyone tied the light to the high beam pull so that when you pop your high beams, the aux lights come on? Would be easier than a toggle switch in my mind.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 08-22-2012, 03:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

You might have an issue when daytime running lights are on, they run off the high beam circuit at a lower wattage, its best to use a separate switch to trigger the new lights
Old 08-22-2012, 03:57 AM
JK Newbie

What year has daytime running lights?
Old 08-22-2012, 08:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JeeP_MarK
You might have an issue when daytime running lights are on, they run off the high beam circuit at a lower wattage, its best to use a separate switch to trigger the new lights
Thanks for the heads up, I'll look into this.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just purchases a 10" baja designs led stealth light bar for the same reasons (but for Roo's). It's the law in aus to have them hooked up to your high beams. Have the relay kit and just tap into your high beam wire of your electrics. My led bar has got 2 modes, high beam, low beam (dust) and a strobe. I have the switch still installed that activates power to the light, but they won't activate until I run my high beams. I also installed the mode button which still works only when my lights are again, on high beam. Works great.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by xj2jk
What year has daytime running lights?
Only Canadian versions will be built with daytime running lights as they are a requirement here.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sweno
I just purchases a 10" baja designs led stealth light bar for the same reasons (but for Roo's). It's the law in aus to have them hooked up to your high beams. Have the relay kit and just tap into your high beam wire of your electrics. My led bar has got 2 modes, high beam, low beam (dust) and a strobe. I have the switch still installed that activates power to the light, but they won't activate until I run my high beams. I also installed the mode button which still works only when my lights are again, on high beam. Works great.
P.s apollogies for the poor grammar, typing off my phone. *3 modes

Quick Reply: Spot lights tied to high beam switch