Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

sPOD + OTRATTW switches?

Old 05-30-2014, 05:43 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sPOD + OTRATTW switches?

Sorry if this is a dumb question. I've been looking around but haven't run across it yet...

Is the sPOD compatible with the OTRATTW switches which have 2 independent LEDs...one which turns on with the running lights and the other which turns on when the switch is activated? If they are compatible, is there separate wiring required in order to accomplish this?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 05-30-2014, 09:08 PM
Vin
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gaap master
Sorry if this is a dumb question. I've been looking around but haven't run across it yet...

Is the sPOD compatible with the OTRATTW switches which have 2 independent LEDs...one which turns on with the running lights and the other which turns on when the switch is activated? If they are compatible, is there separate wiring required in order to accomplish this?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
sPod now has a kit that has the bottom lights, BUT they are still wired separately, and require you turn them on and off via a small button on the bottom left of the sPod unit. To answer your question, Yes, the OTRATTW switches will fit, but you'll need to wire the bottom LEDs to your dash lights if you are installing in the old sPod, but will swap out fine with the newer one.
Old 05-31-2014, 01:42 AM
JK Jedi Master
Veteran: Air ForceFJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 270 Posts

Yes, they will sell you a kit with a button to turn on the "dash" lights. But mine don't have a separate wire. It is wired into other sPOD power--no extra install labor required. I plan to someday wire into dash lights, though. Right now, full bright lights by rear view mirror are a bit annoying at night.

Edit: Oh, while you're in there wiring things, consider adding the control with the gauge opening. I use mine for oil pressure. Bit short of an opening for some gauges, though, so research carefully if you opt to do.

Last edited by Mark Doiron; 05-31-2014 at 01:46 AM.
Old 05-31-2014, 02:02 AM
JK Jedi Master
Veteran: Air ForceFJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 270 Posts

And the problem with the sepetate switch is you'll forget to punch it off, thus leaving the dash lights on while you go to eat breakfast, as I just did!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20140531_050137.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	556748
Old 05-31-2014, 04:05 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick Reply: sPOD + OTRATTW switches?