Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Spod alternative (Asian knockoff)

Old 05-18-2015, 04:42 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like they should have spent the money and got an international Patent. Totally worth the money.
Old 05-18-2015, 04:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it's funny that a lot of people (not pointing at anyone in particular) question and even worry about quality control with products coming from overseas these days. Most of the quality control, manufacturing processes and techniques we Americans have are from those perfected by companies like Toyota, Honda and the numerous other companies spread across a vast array of industries.

My career is Environmental, Health and Safety and I have worked in the Oil & Gas, Manufacturing, Aerospace and most recently warehouse and logistics industry and can say without a doubt that these processes are borrowed or adapted from those developed outside of the U.S. A quality product is a quality product and doesn't have to be made in America to be any good.

Now outsourcing and job conflicts is a completely different story.
Old 05-27-2015, 01:21 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by scratchkenny
Buy what you want, but how many of you guys that are bashing this use a I phone? You know where that's made right? what about you guys that shop at wall mal-mart? People say you get crappy service from over seas. I bought a 50" light and mount off of ebay from china.I emailed them and told thim I was not happy with the way they fit, they ask for a picture and in a week I had a full refund and they told me to keep the mounts. You know what kind of service I got from Rugid Ridge? NONE after 3 e mails and trying to call them twice. NOTHING, Now I am not saying that Rugged Ridge is crap But my one and only experience with them was not pleasant.
Good point. Poser America is consumed with the evil empire's (apple's) products. They are just Chinese crap like everything else.
Old 06-07-2015, 06:11 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JK505
I got the generic vehicle SPOD with the JK mounted source-box for $363... Granted I had to cut my dash but I like it better there anyways. So for $64 more, you get made in America. Yeah, Best $64 extra I've spent.
What do you mean you had to "cut your dash"?? Are you referring to the knockoff or the original SPOD?

Quick Reply: Spod alternative (Asian knockoff)