Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Speaker upgrade

Old 07-13-2015, 01:49 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speaker upgrade

I recently purchased a 2015 jk with base everything (other than transmission). I'm wanting to upgrade my sound system because the one I have now just sounds pitiful. I'm looking at the 6.5" kicker upgrade on amazon that's plug and play for close to $70, but are there any cheaper versions that sound just as good? Or better speakers for the roughly the same price?

Thanks in advance,
Hannah S.
Old 07-14-2015, 02:11 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hannah S
I recently purchased a 2015 jk with base everything (other than transmission). I'm wanting to upgrade my sound system because the one I have now just sounds pitiful. I'm looking at the 6.5" kicker upgrade on amazon that's plug and play for close to $70, but are there any cheaper versions that sound just as good? Or better speakers for the roughly the same price? Thanks in advance, Hannah S.
You could check Wal-Mart.
Old 07-14-2015, 06:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

I grabbed the kickers from the dealer at about 72$ each. They are a nice easy quick upgrade. Not audiophile stuff, but they do a nice job. I added a pioneer head unit and even my alpine upgrade couldn't handle it. I would recommend for price and ease of changeover.
Old 07-14-2015, 07:23 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Hannah S
I recently purchased a 2015 jk with base everything (other than transmission). I'm wanting to upgrade my sound system because the one I have now just sounds pitiful. I'm looking at the 6.5" kicker upgrade on amazon that's plug and play for close to $70, but are there any cheaper versions that sound just as good? Or better speakers for the roughly the same price? Thanks in advance, Hannah S.
I think that's as cheap as it will get for an incremental sound upgrade. I also got. 2015 JKU with base audio (130) and installed Kicker 6.5s. The sound improved about 10%. I ended up amping them and added a woofer. Now 10 times better.

Quick Reply: Speaker upgrade