Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Speaker Problems

Old 10-07-2007, 08:19 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've heard a lot of negative replies about the infinity system on the jk's. My suggestion would be to go aftermarket. You'd probably end up spending less than having your dealer order some crappy system.

As for the non- infinity speakers. It's the front and rear 4. I think the technical phrase is " they suck ass". I am still unsure if I will upgrade the HU and speakers at the same time. Still reading some Threads for suggestions.

Good Luck!
Old 10-07-2007, 08:38 AM
JK Freak

i listen to alot of alternative rock ( 3 days grace mud vane 3 doors down RHCP etc as well as a little rap, Kanye West etc) and i have absolutely no complaints about the infinity system, again like i said you can get ALOT more bass for the buck with after market systems BUT if you have to have OEM components to be happy you will be satisfied with the Infinity speakers
Old 10-07-2007, 09:53 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jackedturtle
anyone notice a rattling like sound in their regular speakers. especially rock songs with bass parts in it. it seems to be the back two ones i believe
I get the same thing......mine is coming from the dome light in the sound bar. Only certain songs, though.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:54 AM
JK Freak

you can buy just those speakers if you want to just fix that issue for now. try looking at the material they are made from, most cheap ones and alot of the OEM stuff is made out of a paper element. The better the material is the better response you will usually get...there is alot more to it than that but IMO thats the easiest way to find the good ones from the bad. Pioneer makes good component speakers
Old 10-07-2007, 08:01 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by levi550
I get the same thing......mine is coming from the dome light in the sound bar. Only certain songs, though.
Yeah, I have a rattle/buzz coming from the dome light during bass-ier songs. Can't get the damn thing to stop, unless I'm holding it while driving....
Old 10-08-2007, 06:00 PM
JK Super Freak

I had the same problem. I am going to try to find a permanent fix but until then I just wedged a small piece of plastic between the light housing and the sound bar. No more noise.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:12 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll have to try that. I keep meaning to check the light out, but always forget until I'm driving down the highway.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:12 AM
JK Newbie

I have the infinity system and I get the same distortion at certain frequencies from the back sound bar speakers.
also the onlything different is the factory adds the small 5 channel amp and the sub. they do not change the speakers.
alsoe the dealership told me they were water resistant the is BS because even the factory sub is a paper cone speaker which stinks!!!
my advice go to circuit city or best buy when they are offering buy one pair of speakers and get one free with free install and buy aftermarket speakers.

One of my next projects is actually buying upgrade infnity speakers to replace stock ones and see if they will work. Without upgrading head unit or amp.
But it will have to wait till jan or feb before I get to this due to money and all!

Either way I am stuck with the same problem as you.....
Oh well I am pretty much upgrading everything else (wheels, fenders, bumpers, suspension, and seats ect..... So why stop with the stereo!!!
Old 10-09-2007, 03:31 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by doc307
I had the same problem. I am going to try to find a permanent fix but until then I just wedged a small piece of plastic between the light housing and the sound bar. No more noise.
Originally Posted by wayland1985
I'll have to try that. I keep meaning to check the light out, but always forget until I'm driving down the highway.
Me too.....I never think of it until I am banging a song....then it is like... ...I wish I would remember when I am home. Damn getting old is a bitch.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:51 PM
JK Freak

Post Weatherstrip?

I heard some other member with the same problem and he weatherstriped it somewhere or something... I will keep looking and see if I can find it, he said it was the rattle sound coming from songs with some bass...

*Edit* here https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/hats-off-haynes-jeep-17098/

Last edited by The_Captain; 10-09-2007 at 11:29 PM. Reason: found it...

Quick Reply: Speaker Problems