Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Sound System Help

Old 03-06-2008, 06:57 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sound System Help

I'm looking to add an aftermarket sub with an amp. Question is can i just splice into the existing wires from the harness to the factory sub for the audio left and right imputs on the new amp. What I am trying to do is have the ability to switch back and forth between the stock and new sub. I've built a box that fits snug without securing it to the vehicle...(that way I can just unplug it and remove it.) I would like to be able to put the factory sub back in when going on trips with no doors or roof. would much rather have that one stolen then the new set.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes its very easy to use the factory wiring and tap into it but u would want to tap into the front speakers due to the factory not having the same amount of power going to the rears. I cant remember what the color codes are for the front put if u look into the dash u can see the wires running to the front speakers and the wires are the same at the radio just add a high to low lever converter for ur RCA wires and put a toggle switch for the amp so u can turn it off when its not being used and there ya go. If you have questions PM me i have done about 10 of these for guys around here so far. I used to do crazy car systems for a living.

Jon
Old 03-06-2008, 08:36 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i had best buy wire my basslink and they put it into the rear speakers i believe...don't know why... but anyway it sounds really good after tuning it right the front would have more power though so i'd recommend that too

Quick Reply: Sound System Help