Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Sound restriction.

Old 11-16-2011, 08:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sound restriction.

It seems like my speakers in the roll bar are restricted. There not loud even with new aftermarket speakers. Do I have to replace the stock radio to take care of this problem?
Old 11-16-2011, 09:50 AM
JK Newbie

If you have an upgraded sound system with an amplifer, the amp is the problem. The amp is set to cut the signal going to the rear sound bar to reduce vibrations. Amp upgrade or reflash can fix the problem.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

What if you don't have an upgraded sound system and your sound bar volume sucks? Can it still be fixed with a flash and how is that done?
I don't believe my system is the upgrade although I do have seven speakers including the kicker sub. Where would the amp be located? How can I tell what system I have?
Thanks, Jim
Old 11-16-2011, 11:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

An aftermarket system that doesn't use the Jeep's wiring will solve the problem for sure.

For the stock system, I think the reduced sound must be due to something in the Jeep's stock wiring because I don't think the same RES stereo in a different Mopar vehicle has reducued rear speaker volume.

Quick Reply: Sound restriction.