Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Sound Ordnance B-8PT Install

Old 12-26-2011, 06:28 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fits well

[QUOTE=ac1brooks;2748807]I've mounted mine under my rear seat. I initially put it under the passenger seat, but Sounds much better under the rear seat. All I did was zip tie it to the rear seat brackets & I gave myself a little extra wire so I could easily pull it out & disconnect it if I need to. I also mafe a carpeted box to hide it with when my doors are off

Thanks,

Do you think is worth it?
The wife just got me some Kicker speakers for the roll bar as a X-mas present. I hope to install them some time this week and then order the B-8PT.
Old 12-27-2011, 10:29 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have mine installed under the front passenger seat. I used speaker level inputs instead of a converter. I've had it installed for about 6 months and it sounds great. Fits perfect under the seat. I don't have it secured and have had no problems with it moving around.

Last edited by 81toyota; 12-27-2011 at 10:36 PM.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:48 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looks good

Originally Posted by 81toyota
I have mine installed under the front passenger seat. I used speaker level inputs instead of a converter. I've had it installed for about 6 months and it sounds great. Fits perfect under the seat. I don't have it secured and have had no problems with it moving around.

It fits just right. That is what I wantwed to see.
Did you use the rear or front speakers for the inputs?
Any rouble running the powerline thru the firewall?
Old 12-28-2011, 11:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

It definitely gives you that missing bass, however it's not going to rattle your seat loose
Old 12-28-2011, 11:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 81toyota
I tried this, but it sounded muffled to me. Also I ran a LOC from the front speakers @ ran used rear speaker level inputs to a 150 watt am

Last edited by ac1brooks; 12-28-2011 at 11:54 PM.

Quick Reply: Sound Ordnance B-8PT Install